Stay at Home Mom Tips
Is being a stay at home mom not what you thought it would be? Quit struggling and start thriving with these stay at home mom tips for all areas of motherhood.
*This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure below.
Many women have an idea of what being a stay at home mom will be like. Then, they are there in the middle of the daily grind of motherhood and it is nothing like what they thought it would be. There are struggles with time management, homemaking, self-care, and a whole host of other things they never imagined. However, just a few minor adjustments can take you from barely surviving as a stay-at-home mom to thriving!
Stay at Home Mom Tips
Of course stay at home moms struggle. We are responsible for more jobs than the average person and we don’t get paid for any of them. Even the very idea of being at home instead of in the work place produces a huge amount of stay-at-home mom guilt that we must deal with or it will destroy our productivity. So, what do stay at home moms do?
Favorite Stay at Home Mom T’s
Time Management Tips for Stay at Home Moms
One of the biggest struggles for stay-at-home moms is time management. If you came from the corporate world, suddenly, you are not on the clock anymore. Most of your projects do not have deadlines and the only boss watching over your shoulder is a toddler.
It’s also hard to manage time when you are nursing an infant on demand or not waking up at a consistent time because you have a newborn who doesn’t yet sleep through the night. Don’t despair! These seasons pass, but you can get control of your time again with some simple strategies!
- Name Your Time with Time Blocking Ebook
- How to Create a Morning Routine for a Stay at Home Mom
- How to Create an Evening Routine for a Stay at Home Mom
- Stay at Home Mom Goals
- Time Management Tips for Stay at Home Moms
- Six Habits of Successful Stay at Home Moms
- Six Reasons Time Blocking Works for Moms
- How to be an Organized Stay at Home Mom
- How to Use a Time Block Planner
Health and Weight Loss Tips for Stay at Home Moms
Losing weight can be hard for anyone, but when your full-time doesn’t require you to leave the house and your work wardrobe consists of jammies and sweats, the task of losing weight can be more difficult than ever. Add to those jammies a fully stocked pantry and very little need for movement beyond the sofa, and suddenly, being a stay-at-home mom becomes the biggest obstacle to weight loss ever! Here are some ways to get over the hurdle and get back on track:
- Simple Weight Loss Tips for Moms
- Seven Ways to Work Fitness into a Mom’s Busy Schedule
- How to get 10K Steps as a Stay at Home Mom
Self Care Tips for Stay at Home Moms
As moms, we are constantly functioning as the care giver for everyone in the home, but we often leave out the most important person we need to care for; Mom! I’m sure you have heard the saying, “you cannot pour from an empty vessel.” That is absolutely true in motherhood. If you do not take care of yourself, you cannot care for others well. Here are some tips for taking care of you:
- How Moms Can Make Time for Reading
- 5 Tips for Prioritizing Self Care via Practical Mommy
- 10 Tips to Take Care of Yourself via 5 Minutes for Mom
Money Management Tips for Stay at Home Moms
One of the biggest contributors to the “stay-at-home mom guilt” phenomenon is that fact that often, when we leave the workplace to stay at home, we no longer bring in income. Never mind that we are keeping a house running and raising children all day and night with no sick leave or paid time off. There are ways that we can positively impact the household finances.
- Six Ways Quitting Your Job Will Save you Money
- Seven Ways to Save Money on Groceries
- How to Have a No Spend Month as a Stay at Home Mom
Homemaking Tips for Stay at Home Moms
As stay at home moms, homemaking and raising our kids are our biggest jobs. Here are some articles that will help keep the house clean and the laundry done!
Stay at Home Mom Gear
Free Facebook Group for Moms
Join my free facebook group for moms here and get:
- Daily accountability
- Weekly live topical discussions
- Special guest lives from authors, bloggers and moms in the trenches who talk about parenting, relationships, health and all topics mom related
- Printable resources
- Live podcast previews!
Hi Mellissa! Being a stay-at-home mom means struggling with time management, homemaking, self-care, and a whole host of other things they never imagined. Your tips for stay at home moms is really amazing. You have covered almost all the topics that we struggle with on a daily basis. Thanks for your tips, I will try to add it to my daily routine for my better lifestyle.
Comments are closed.