This June kids celebrations and activities calendar will help you keep your kids busy with a month of celebrations, wacky holidays and suggested activities. There is something fun to do or something to learn about nearly every day of the week for the whole family.
*This post contains affiliate links. See the tab above for my full disclosure policy.
Keeping kids busy and active over the summer months when most are out of school can be a challenge. When they get bored, they typically resorts to screen time and of course, we as parents want to limit screen time as much as possible.
If you do allow screen time over the summer, you might consider a contract for screens, especially with older kids and teens.
Free Printable June Kids Celebrations and Activities Calendars
There are two calendars in the download below. One is a June Calendar for the current year so you can see what day of the week each celebration falls on. The other is a list date style calendar for you to print and keep year after year.
June Kids Activities
The month of June is full of holidays, some silly an some serious, like Father’s Day. This list of June kids celebrations and activities for the holidays will provide a month of family fun.
- Dare your children to do something silly or something super kind.
- Create a Dare Jar filled with all types of dares for the day.
- If you need some help with silly dares, plan to play this UNO Dare game. It’s recommended for ages 7-15 years, so it will be fun and appropriate for the whole family.
Flip a Coin Day
- Plan two easy options for everything, and choose by flipping a coin. Example: PB&J for lunch or Chicken Nuggets.
- Play Coinhole, a tabletop cornhole game with coins.
National Trails Day (First Saturday in June)
- Go for a Hike. If your children participate in American Heritage Girls or Trail Life USA, use the day to check off some requirements.
- Have a Trail Mix Buffet
National “Bubba” Day
- Act like someone you know named or called “Bubba.”
- Serve Bubba Gump Shrimp for one meal like this Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi.
- Watch the Forrest Gump movie. It’s available on Amazon Prime Video. **Caution parents of younger children: MPAA Rating PG-13
- Have lunch or dinner at a Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant if there is one close by.
- Bubba is the Yiddish word for grandmother so, do something to honor your grandmother.
National Rocky Road Day
- Play a game of “repeating” of saying everything twice. The first person who forgets, loses.
- Study animals that mimic human voice.
Applesauce Cake Day
Hug Your Cat Day
- Visit your local zoo to see some big cats.
- It’s a great day to get a cat 🙂
National Cheese Day
- Visit a dairy farm near you that makes cheese.
- Try cheese curds from the grocery or at a local Culver’s Restaurant.
- Wear a cheese head hat.
- Serve cheese centered meals like this Easy Hot Bean and Cheese Dip
Old Maid’s Day
- Play the Old Maid card game
- Wear a dress and a bonnet
Hot Air Balloon Day
- Have a water balloon fight (not exactly hot air, but its fun.)
- Find a hot air balloon rally near you.
World Environment Day
- Participate in a conservation project or organize one for your community.
- Make crafts out of recycled materials
- Visit a local Veterans Cemetery
- Play the board game Risk
- Learn about WWII
- Read a living book about WWII like The Upstairs Room
National Yo-yo Day
- Play with a yo-yo
- Learn some new yo-yo tricks
- Have a yo-yo contest in your neighborhood
Chocolate Ice Cream Day
- Make Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream with this easy recipe
- Have some Chocolate Ice Cream Delivered
- Create Ice Cream Cones with the Melissa and Doug Ice Cream Set
If you know someone who has a VCR and VHS tapes, borrow and watch them. Remember, “Be kind. Please rewind.”
Best Friends Day
- Plan a fun outing with your best friend
- Make Friendship Bracelets or Friendship Pins
World Ocean Day
- Learn about oceans with these Ocean Activities for Kids
- Visit an ocean if you live nearby
- Visit an Aquarium to observe ocean animals
Donald Duck Day
- Watch Donald Duck on Prime Video
- Watch a Donald Duck Movie
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day
- Make a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie or Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake
- Pick fresh strawberries at a local berry farm
- Introduce your child to Strawberry Shortcake, the children’s character
- Watch Strawberry Shortcake episodes free on Prime Video
Ballpoint Pen Day
- Write everything with a ballpoint pen
- Learn about the invention of the ballpoint pen
- Write with older style pens that were used before the ballpoint pen
Herb and Spices Day
- Plant an Herb Garden
- Cook recipes with new spices
Iced Tea Day
- Make Iced Tea at Home
- Do a drive thru tasting of ice teas from various fast food restaurants
Corn on the Cob Day
- buy whole ears of corn and “shuck” it yourself before cooking it
- make corn on the cob as a side dish for you meal
National Jerky Day
Peanut Butter Cookie Day
- Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- Deliver Peanut Butter Cookies to a Fire Station
Red Rose Day
- Visit a florist shop to learn about roses
- Take red roses to a nursing home
- Make paper flowers
- Plant a Rose bush
Weed Your Garden Day
- Weed your own garden or that of a neighbor
- Volunteer to weed the garden of a nursing home
- Learn about edible and medicinal weeds
Sewing Machine Day
- Make a simple sewing machine project
- Visit a tailor, embroidery shop, or drycleaner and see the machines they use
- Attend a local flag day event
- Learn about your national flag
- Make an easy patriotic desert
Monkey Around Day
- Play Barrel of Monkeys
- Visit the Zoo and see the real monkeys
- Read aloud the Little Monkey Book
- Sing the Ten Little Monkeys Song
Nature Photography Day
- Take a nature walk and allow your children to take pictures of everything they see that interest them
- Print your pictures and create a nature notebook
Smile Power Day
- Have your teeth cleaned
- Make a point to smile at everyone you see
- Hand out smile stickers at a local store
- Make your own emoji smile button and wear it
World Jugglers Day
- spend the day learning to juggle various items
- Celebrate the Dads in your life their favorite meal
- Print small cards and hide them in the house
Eat Your Veggies Day
Go Fishing Day
- Go fishing at a local lake or pond
- Play Go Fish
- Eat Gold Fish Crackers for and Swedish Fish Candy for Snack
Pack a picnic for your fishing trip
National Kissing Day
- Hand out Hershey Kisses to everyone you see
World Sauntering Day
- Learn what sauntering is
- Develop your own saunter and walk that way all day
- Go people watching at a mall and look for people who saunter
Ice Cream Soda Day
- Visit a soda shop and order an Ice Cream Soda
- Make Ice Cream Sodas at home
Bald Eagle Day
Go Skate Day
National Selfie Day
- Take selfies with everyone you meet
- make a selfie collage at the end of the day
- send a selfie to all your friends
Take a Road Trip Day
- Take a Road Trip to visit a friend
- Take a road trip with no destination
- Map out a course on a real map
National Chocolate Eclair Day
- Have real Chocolate Eclairs from a bakery
- Make Chocolate Eclair Cake
National Pink Day
- Wear Pink Clothes
- Write with a pink pen
- Eat pink food like Hostess Pink Snowballs
- Make Pink Glitter Slime
Swim a Lap Day
- Go Swimming at a local pool
- Take Swimming lessons to learn to properly swim laps
- Earn a scouting swimming badge
Log Cabin Day
National Catfish Day
- Go fishing for, catch and clean catfish
- Go out to a restaurant that serves catfish
- Make catfish at home with this easy recipe
- Read stories of forgiveness like We All Need Forgiveness by Mercer Mayer
- Write a letter forgiving someone who has wronged you
- Visit a local Bass Pro Shop and check out the canoes
- Rent a canoe at a local state park
Sun Glasses Day
- Wear some cool sunglasses all day
- Make a Paper Sun Glasses craft
Paul Bunyan Day
- Wear a red flannel shirt and boots
- Chop some wood
- Read about Paul Bunyan
- Watch the Walt Disney Paul Bunyan cartoon episodes
- Give your family a hug
- Give out Hershey’s Hugs Candy
- Make a Hug Craft