Embrace the cozy warmth of fall with our heartwarming Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup recipe! This easy crock pot recipe is perfect for cool fall evenings.
This creamy, dreamy, and nutrient-packed dish is more than just a meal – it’s a celebration of love and togetherness. Dive into this soul-soothing delight and make this pumpkin season the coziest one yet! Click to join our culinary journey!
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see full disclosure policy below.
Pumpkin season is upon us, my friends! It’s that time of year when the air is crisp, the leaves are changing, and our favorite ways to warm up involve hearty soups full of fall flavors. And what could be more emblematic of this wonderful season than a creamy pumpkin soup?
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
The best part? We’re slow cooking it. Yes, you heard me right. We’re taking the delicious flavor of fresh pumpkin, blending it with a medley of spices, and letting it simmer slowly in a crockpot to create an unforgettable soup. This slow cooker pumpkin soup recipe will make your home smell like a cozy autumn retreat.
I got a new slow cooker yesterday, and I decided to break it in with this delicious soup. This is a great recipe for any pumpkin lovers out there who are looking for a cozy, comforting dish on a cold night. And trust me, nothing beats a warm bowl of soup after a long day!
Crock-Pot 6 Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel (SCCPVL610-S-A)Elite Gourmet MST-900D# Digital Programmable Slow Cooker, Oval Adjustable Temp, Entrees, Sauces, Stews & Dips, Dishwasher Safe Glass Lid & Crock (8.5 Quart, Stainless Steel)Crock-Pot Large 8 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker with Auto Warm Setting and Cookbook, Black Stainless SteelBLACK+DECKER 7-Quart Digital Slow Cooker with Chalkboard Surface, Slate, SCD4007Hamilton Beach 8 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker with Three Temperature Settings, Dishwasher Safe Crock and Lid, Silver (33480)West Bend 87905 Slow Cooker Large Capacity Non-stick Variable Temperature Control Includes Travel Lid and Thermal Carrying Case, 5-Quart, Silver
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Fresh pumpkin (but feel free to use canned pumpkin or even butternut pumpkin if you can’t find fresh)
- Coconut milk (or almond milk, oat milk for a vegan soup option)
- Chicken broth (or vegetable broth, vegetable stock for a vegetarian option)
- Heavy cream (or coconut cream for a vegan option)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Yellow onion
- Cayenne pepper
- Bay leaves
- Sweet potatoes
- Brown sugar or maple syrup (with no added sugar)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh thyme
- Parmesan cheese
Get Cooking With Your Slow Cooker!
Start by heating some olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add your chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent. This is a crucial step as it adds a rich depth to your soup. Now, if you’ve chosen to use fresh pumpkin, here’s a helpful tip: you can make your own pumpkin puree using a food processor or a regular blender.
Next, transfer the onion and pumpkin puree into your slow cooker or crock pot. Add the rest of your ingredients, except for the heavy cream and coconut milk. Here’s where the magic happens – as the soup slow cooks, the flavors meld together creating a symphony of deliciousness.
After about 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high, your soup should be ready for the next step. Use a stick blender or an immersion blender to blend the soup until it has a creamy texture. Stir in the heavy cream or coconut milk for that final touch of creaminess.
Now, ladle your creamy soup into bowls, garnish with pumpkin seeds and fresh herbs, serve with fresh crusty bread, and enjoy! This soup tastes even better the next day when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
The Perfect Soup For Pumpkin Season!
This slow cooker pumpkin soup is a great way to celebrate the season. It’s a creamy, delicious dish that’s perfect for dinner on a chilly night. Plus, it’s easy to customize to your dietary needs, whether you prefer a vegetarian option or a vegan soup.
Not only is this easy pumpkin soup recipe a delicious dish, but it’s also packed with nutrients that can boost your immune system. So, it’s a good thing to have on hand during the colder months.
So, why not give this slow cooker recipe a try? You won’t be disappointed. And remember, every single ingredient adds something special to the final dish. From the sweetness of the brown sugar to the kick of the cayenne pepper, each element plays its part in creating a soup that’s full of fall flavor.
And there you have it, my favorite recipes for pumpkin season! Whether you’re a seasoned slow cooker user or just got a new one, this easy slow cooker pumpkin soup is sure to become one of your favorite things to make.
So grab that printable recipe card, head to your local grocery store, and let’s celebrate pumpkin season the right way. After all, there’s nothing like a bowl of creamy, delicious soup to make you fall in love with this time of year all over again.
Friends, this slow cooker pumpkin soup is more than just a recipe – it’s a celebration of all the warmth and coziness that this time of year brings. It’s a call to gather around the table with our loved ones and share in the simple joy of a meal made with love.
This soup isn’t just good for the soul – it’s good for the body too! Packed with nutrients that boost your immune system, it’s a delicious way to stay healthy during the colder months.
So why wait? Get your slow cooker out, gather your ingredients, and let’s make something truly special together. Here’s to creating warm memories and filling our homes with the delicious aroma of slow-cooked goodness!
More pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Bisquick
- Pumpkin Spice Overnight Protein Oats
- Pumpkin Spice Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Flowers
- 1 large fresh pumpkin (or 2 cans of pureed pumpkin)
- 1 can of rich, creamy coconut milk
- 3 cups of hearty chicken broth (or vegetable broth for our vegetarian friends!)
- 1 cup of heavy cream (or coconut cream for a vegan twist!)
- A handful of crunchy pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of heart-healthy olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fiery cayenne pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or maple syrup (your choice!)
- Kosher salt to taste
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Warm up your kitchen! Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add your chopped onion and let it cook until it's soft and golden. This step infuses your soup with a rich, savory flavor that's just irresistible!
- Transfer the onion into your slow cooker. Add in the fresh or canned pumpkin, chicken or vegetable broth, sweet potatoes, and all those mouthwatering spices. Stir it all together and let your slow cooker do its magic!
- Set your slow cooker on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. As your soup slow cooks, the flavors will meld together into a symphony of deliciousness that will fill your home with the comforting aroma of fall.
- Once your soup is cooked, use a stick blender to blend it until it's smooth and creamy. Now, stir in the heavy cream or coconut milk. This final touch gives your soup a velvety texture that's so luxuriously comforting!
- Ladle your creamy pumpkin soup into bowls, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and fresh thyme, and serve it up hot. There's nothing like a warm bowl of this delicious soup to brighten up a cold night!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g