This one pot cheesy unstuffed pepper skillet recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner! It’s easy to make and packed with flavor. Plus, it only requires one pot, so cleanup is a breeze. So next time you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner, give this recipe a try. You’ll be glad you did!
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see full disclosure policy below.
Cheesy Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
Looking for a cheesy, flavorful, and easy-to-make meal? Look no further than this Cheesy
Unstuffed Pepper Skillet. This dish is packed with all the flavor of classic stuffed peppers, but
without all the fuss.
Whether you’re feeding a crowd or just looking for a delicious weeknight meal, this dish is sure
Why We Love This Recipe
- Easy To Make
- Fresh Veggies
Ingredients For This Recipe:
- Onion-either white or sweet
- Red Bell Pepper
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Ground Chuck-Ground Turkey or Pork can be used
- Taco Seasoning Packet-any kind, I used Old El Paso
- 10 ounce can of Rotel
- Instant White Rice-Long Grain
- 14.5 ounce can of Beef Broth – can substitute vegetable
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend-Fiesta Blend
- Optional Toppings: Shredded Lettuce, Sour Cream, Salsa
How To Make Cheesy Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
1. Brown the Ground Chuck and drain. Return meat to the skillet.
2. Add the Onion, Peppers, Rotel, Rice, Taco Seasoning and broth. Stir until combined.
3. Bring mixture to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium. Let simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until the rice is soft. Remove from heat.
4. Add 1 cup of the cheese to the skillet and stir. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Cover the skillet with a lid so the cheese can melt.
5. Once the cheese has melted, sprinkle it with cilantro and serve!
How To Store This Recipe?
Planning ahead and preparing meals in advance can help to make weeknight dinners a breeze. This Cheesy Unstuffed Pepper Skillet is the perfect meal to make ahead and keep on hand for busy nights. Simply cook then store in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat and enjoy. Top with more cheese, shredded lettuce and sour cream for a delicious and easy meal that the whole family will love.
Can You Freeze This Recipe?
Yes! Follow all the cooking instructions until you get to adding the final cheese layer on top. Add the unstuffed pepper skillet to a freezer safe, airtight container. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating on the stove top.
How Long Does This Recipe Last?
Once completely cooked and cooled, you can safely store this recipe in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
ABOUT MICHELLE HUSTON
Western North Carolina based blogger. She’s the sunscreen queen, main idea girl, and creator of The Wooden Spoon Effect.
You can either catch Michelle standing in the kitchen with a wooden spoon in her hand or outside with her camera taking pictures of all the things. Michelle loves her husband, kids, and granddaughters, spending time as a family, and traveling.
Trending Recipes On The Wooden Spoon Effect
- ● ½ cup chopped onion
- ● ½ cup chopped red peppers
- ● ½ cup chopped orange
- ● 1 Pound Ground Chuck or turkey
- ● 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- ● 10 ounce can of Rotel
- ● 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese, separated
- ● 1 cup White Instant Rice
- ● 14.5 ounce can of Beef Broth
- Brown the Ground Chuck and drain.
- Return meat to the skillet.Add the Onion, Peppers, Rotel, Rice, Taco Seasoning and broth. Stir until combined.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and reduce the heat to medium. Let simmer for 6 to 8minutes or until the rice is soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup of the cheese to the skillet and stir.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover the skillet with a lid so the cheese can melt.
- Once the cheese has melted, sprinkle it with cilantro and serve!