Its that time of year again. Germs and sickness abound and many nights coughing can be heard from every room in the house, at least in my house. This is the time of year when I keep a large mason jar full of our homemade cough syrup in the fridge.
*this post contains affiliate links
Homemade Garlic, Onion and Honey Cough Syrup
Our favorite homemade cough syrup has both onions and garlic but they are suspended in honey which makes the whole concoction easier to stomach and pretty kid friendly. It works wonders with chest congestion and cough, and even soothes a sore throat that is irritated from drainage and coughing.
2-3 cups honey
1 bulb garlic (not a single clove, but a whole bulb)
1. Quarter the onion and separate the layers.
2. Separate garlic into cloves and chop in half.
3. Cover onions and garlic with honey in medium sauce pan.
4. Cook on very low heat for one hour.
5. Pour all contents of pot into glass jar.
6. Allow to cool and stored sealed in the refrigerator.
I start with two table spoons and re-dose as needed. I also use garlic oil on the feet or this oil the oils formulated to help with congestion from Rocky Mountain Oils.
For more resources and tips for simply living in abundance, subscribe to our email newsletter via the form below and join the discussion on our facebook page.